We love celebrations at O.T. and birthday parties are some of our favorite. If you are hosting one soon, keep these things in mind.
Scheme over Theme
1. Save countless Pinterest hours and don't feel pressured to pick a "theme". Try picking a color scheme instead and letting it dictate your decor. If your daughter loves Minnie Mouse use bold pink polka dots and stripes on the invite and paper goods rather than the pretty little rodent.
Try a Different Time of Day
2. Hosting a party for a babe or toddler? Why not try the morning. Brunch parties can be so much fun! Think donuts, quiche, french toast, a yogurt parfait bar, and MIMOSAS (for the adults of course)! Tots are usually more alert in the morning and won't miss out on the afternoon nap.
Stock up on Unique Supplies
3. Fun celebrations have unusual party goods. Think patterned paper straws, a homemade pinata, fabric garlands, and well designed invites. This day should stand out. Don't use the typical party store decor.
Honor Your Guests
4. Make your guests feel as honored as the Birthday Boy or Girl. Write them a handwritten thank you note ahead of time and let them know how they have blessed your life or your child's life. The key is handing them to the guests when they arrive at the party. If you don't do it ahead of time, make sure to show appreciation after. And if the party is for your child and he or she is able to write, the letter should come from them. Stop by O.T. for child-friendly thank you notes.
Dress up the gift too
5. Don't leave the gift out. Presentation is just as important as the present itself. Use Washi tape and colorful wrapping paper. Tie pretty ribbon around it and add a small treat on top like a cut flower from the yard or a little toy.
Oliver's Twist is stocked with great party supplies, cards, and gifts. Here are a few of our favorite Birthday Party items you can find in our shop.
1. Paper Source Cupcake Garland. It comes as a kit and it can be a great craft to do together with little guys and gals.2. Sugar Paper Birthday Crown Card. A greeting card that doubles as a crown? We think that is the tops! We have this in Birthday Girl and Birthday Boy. 3. Knot & Bow parcel tags. Use these on presents or party favors. They come in so many different colors, but these neon tags knock our socks off! 4. Sparkler Candles. We're obsessed with these cake candles. The sparkle lasts longer than the birthday song so you can get your wish in before they blow out. 5. Rifle Paper Co. Dots gift wrap. This is certainly the gift wrap you would carefully undo instead of rip. 6. Patterned Paper Straws - We have gobs of these straws in all kinds of patterns. These metallic gold striped straws are especially rad. 7. Meri Meri Gift Bows. These bows take gift wrapping to the next level. We have them in shades of pink and blue at the store.
Success! Feel free to
or head to your